LIFE is a materials technology company that has developed a portfolio of smart materials with applications in numerous industries.
The company’s core activity is development and production of antimicrobial additives and treatments used by manufacturers of plastics, coatings, textiles, ceramics and paper.
Materials that incorporate LIFE’s antimicrobial additives/treatments will inhibit or kill bacteria, fungi, algae, and other micro-organisms that come in contact with the materials.
Because the antimicrobial additives/treatments are built in or applied during manufacturing of the materials, the antimicrobial effect lasts for the useful life of the treated materials. Leading manufacturers and brands use LIFE’s antimicrobial additives and treatments to:
- Reduce bacterial odors in textiles
- Prevent mold in building products
- Inhibit bacterial growth in food handling areas
- Inhibit allergy-inducing molds in bedding and carpeting
- Reduce infectious bacteria on hospital and medical surfaces
- Improve hygiene and peace of mind for a number of consumer and industrial products
LIFE also offers other hygiene technologies, such as odor absorbent additives, that complement LIFE’s core antimicrobial technology. LIFE’s odor absorbent additives are predominantly used in polymer applications, where they have several important uses:
- Reduce emission of VOCs from plastics
- Eliminate odor from recycled plastics
- Remove taint-causing compounds from food contact plastics
- Reduce smell from plant-based polymer additives